First iPhone firewall, firewall iP, was updated to version 1.2 . Firewall iP is a daemon that notifies us whenever an application is trying to access the Appstore, try to connect or gain access to personal data ( UDID, contacts etc ) and so on. Version 1.2 is full of new features, so let’s take a look at what we’re going to get.
- WhoIs: Ability to view the whois of domains or on different IP obtaining information relating to the transmission server, DNS etc..
- Ability to accept / reject the connection only for the current session of the application, this will automatically cancel the choice to quit the application in question;
- Log: possibility to see the log file with all transactions made during the session;
- A second theme for the popup (can be changed in the schedule: Information);
- Ability to add and manually change the hostname to accept / reject an application;
- Ability to accept / deny connections to all subdomains of a particular site by adding “*. host.com” to the list;
You can find firewall iP in Cydia, via the BigBoss repo and it costs $2.49.