We showed you the early screen shots here..now its live. The first Firewall app for your iPhone/iPod Touch. Firewall iP allows you block/allow incoming and outgoing connections. It warns you if any attempt at a connection is made and shows you the host name.
The application will work in two parts: The first will exploit the MobileSubstrate, and it remains active in the background, but it will provide a decent overall speed, remaining within the limits of RAM memory usage. When you load an application, the firewall will bring up a pop-up menu where you can find out what you are trying to access. You can:
- Allow the connection only once
- Lock the connection only once
- Always allow the connection
- Always block the connection
- Allow any request for a specific application
- Block any request for a specific application
The second part of the application, you can access through the icon on your springboard and will be useful to modify and / or cancel the rules set to certain applications.
You can find Firewall iP in Cydia Store for $1.99