Today was a big seed day for Apple. They’ve released iOS 7 beta 4, iTunes 11.1 beta 1 and they’ve also released Apple TV 5.4 Seed 3. The new release brings a ton of bug fixes but it’s not as ‘generous’ when it comes to new features.
Jump over the break to check out what’s new in Apple TV 5.4 Seed 3…
- You can now use an iOS 7 device to set up an Apple TV after restoring or resetting all settings. (iPhone 4 and iPad 2 are not supported.)
Fixed in Seed 3
- Apple TV may not connect to the Internet on ﬁrst boot after an iTunes Restore when using Ethernet.
- Music playback may skip over tracks when AirPlay is engaged.
- AirPlay of audio from the Music app may fail to start up properly.
- Attempting to delete a station in iTunes Radio may cause Apple TV to crash.
- Switching between Apple IDs may cause music libraries to fail to load.
- Audio volume may increase dramatically during AirPlay.
- When using AirPlay to send music to Apple TV, advancing to the next track may fail.
- You may notice these issues when fast-forwarding 3rd party content:
- Audio continues to play while video is fast-forwarding.
- Resuming playback after fast-forwarding can result in a temporarily stuck video frame.
- Apple TV may become sluggish or unresponsive immediately after signing in to an iTunes Store account.
- iTunes Match or Purchased music content may not be listed alphabetically. Use Search as an alternative for ﬁnding content.