A couple of weeks ago, FSMdotCOM informed you about BossPaper: Upcoming iPhone/iTouch Wallpapers App . Since than i got a couple of emails and comments from people that just couldnt wait to get their hands on this app and to be honest, i cant blame them.
Well today is your lucky day because BigBoss released the beta version of the app in Cydia for you to test it. BossPaper will automatically install logmailer because if you have any problems, I would like a logmailer output of your syslog. If you don’t plan to send syslogs to me when having problems, well then you should not try to beta test this. Of course the first non-beta repo version will not require logmailer. If you hate having logmailer icon, you can hide it for now using SBSettings.
Based on the success / failure of this release, I may move it into a public repository before adding the remaining features.
Currently, the app requires 3.0. I am not sure if I plan to support 2.x or not. Every day there are less 2.x users and more 3.x users. It makes little sense to focus on 2.x for a new app.
Features missing are:
1) Ability to select a single image. If you want a single image make a folder with that image for now.
2) Ability to exclude a single image or images. For now you have to delete it off the folder. In future you will have a way to tell it to not load that image again.
3) Photos – Camera roll is working because these are photos. If you sync pictures using iTunes, these are actually no longer images but an sqllite database of images. Therefore, you cannot use these images. (I haven’t tested this very much. So it could be in accurate).
4) I may examine lock background as well, although I am worried about performance. The lock background should be stationary so that you dont drain your battery while locked. I will think about this more.
5) Other things I didnt list here.
BigBoss also releasing some BossPaper paper packs to go along with it.
Also read: HowTo: Get BossPaper From BigBoss’s Beta Repo In Cydia and HowTo: Use BossPaper v0.91 Beta For iPhone and iTouch