Firaxis and 2K Games have officially launched the critically acclaimed XCOM: Enemy Unknown on Mac today. An electrifying combination of turn-based tactics, global strategy and sophisticated role-playing, XCOM: Enemy Unknown – Elite Edition puts you in charge of XCOM, a top-secret military organization responsible for defending Earth from a devastating alien invasion.
Take command on the battlefield while you simultaneously develop XCOM’s headquarters, train and equip its forces and negotiate with national governments. As civilian attacks and abductions work to create worldwide panic, you must outsmart and overpower your mysterious enemies before government funding for XCOM dries up completely.
- A beautifully realized re-imagining of the groundbreaking classic X-COM: UFO Defense.
- Command XCOM’s soldiers in tense turn-based battles where each decision could be the difference between game-changing gains or devastating losses for humanity.
- Expand the XCOM base, manage its resources, oversee international relations and control Earth’s satellite coverage and air defenses.
- Recruit, customize and equip an elite squad, then upgrade each soldier’s unique skills and abilities as they gain experience in the field.
- Recover artifacts from battle and use them to research and build powerful technologies that can be turned against the invaders.
- Mix and match aliens and soldiers to create powerful squads in LAN and online multiplayer.
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown – Elite Edition includes the Slingshot and Elite Soldier Pack add-on content, as well as the Second Wave update, which includes a series of gameplay modifiers that add further depth and flexibility to the campaign.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown – Elite Edition is available for $49.99 in the Mac app store…