Mapping company UpNext has released a new iPad app with its 3D mapping technology. The app shows uses points of interest and friends Foursquare check-ins to help users navigate on a 3D representation of close to 50 cities.
- Interactive & Rich 3D Maps – Explore cities* using fast, seamless 3D maps. UpNext™ HD Maps takes mapping to the next level with rich visual detail and an interactive touch interface for search.
- Local Search & Discovery – Discover what’s up next in your city! Search for nightlife, dining, shopping, recreation and more. Tap on buildings to see businesses and venues inside.
- Venue Reviews – read Yelp reviews about a restaurant or other venues
- Deal Finder – Discover deals from nearby restaurants and shops, hotels, and on your favorite brands. Save deals to your Deal Wallet for later retrieval and use.
- Social – Visualize your social & location graphs with Foursquare. See where your Foursquare Friends have checked in and what places are trending.
- Offline mode – recent map areas (pre-cached) on your device you can still use the app without wireless connectivity.
- Enhanced 3D cities coverage- Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Honolulu, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Paul, Washington DC
UpNext HD Maps is available for free in the app store…