A few days ago we told you about an unofficial port of Blacksn0w to iOS 4.0. We also showed you how you can create a custom iOS 4.0 with unofficial PwnageTool bundles. If you are running iOS 4.0 GM on your 3Gs but still on 3.1.2 baseband ( 5.11.7 ), here is a tutorial on how to unlock it.
NOTE: this is not an official blacksn0w release. If you really need your unlock, we advise you to wait for an official release from the DevTeam and/or GeoHot which will hit later this month. If you really want to try this, follow the tutorial. We are not responsible for your fuck up….
- iPhone 3Gs running a jailbroken iOS 4.0 GM ( with PwnageTool ) and baseband 5.11.7. To check your baseband: Settings> General> About> Modem Firmware
- Unofficial blacksnow
1. If you meet the requirements above, load Cydia and install OpenSSH
2. Download blacksn0w ( link above ) and extract the archive
3. Use the SFTP client of your choice , SSH into your iPhone and browse to the following path : /System/Library/LaunchDaemons / /bin/, find the file called com.apple.CommCenter.plist and copy it to your computer or rename it to com.apple.CommCenter.plist.bak. This way you will have a backup if anything goes wrong.
click to enlarge
4. On your desktop inside the blacksn0w4GM folder you will find two folders: ‘bin‘ and ‘usr‘
5. Inside the ‘bin’ folder , you will find a .plist file called com.apple.CommCenter.plist . Copy the file on your iPhone overwriting the original file in /System/Library/LaunchDaemons / /bin/ and make sure the file you just copied has the permissions set to 644
6. Now via SSH browse to /usr/lib/ and copy the file called blacksn0w.dylib and blacksnow.sh found on your desktop inside the blacksn0w4GM>usr>lib> folder. Make sure both files have the permissions set to 755
7. Load terminal.app on your Mac, and type the following:
ssh [email protected]_ip_address
8. Restart your iPhone and done deal
NOTE: again this is not an official release. use it at your own risk. We are not responsible if your fuck it up…
No more manual patching. You can find the unofficial Blacksn0w port in Cydia. Add this repo: http://cydia.pushfix.info