Announced back in June, Nike Skateboarding has released today the Nike SB app for iOS. The iOS7 compatible-app takes skateboarding to the future, or that is at least the plan. The Nike SB pros (Sean Malto, Paul Rodriguez, Alex Olson, Brain Anderson, Cory Kennedy, Lance Mountain, Omar Salazar, Shane O’Neill, Stefan Janoski, Theotis Beasley) are all part of the app and ready to interact with the users.
- The app leverages the iPhone’s accelerometer enabling multi-angle, multi-speed videos featuring Nike SB riders performing tricks from the basics and beyond. This gives users an unprecedented view of a trick and allows them to learn like never before.
DYNAMIC UPLOADING AND STREAMING:
- Another never been done feature, the Nike SB App’s UGC video, does not live natively on the app, but is dynamically uploaded and streamed from the app’s YouTube page. This enables the app to be small in size, increases social shareability, and provides a natural app extension to the Nike SB App’s own Youtube page.
GAME OF S.K.A.T.E.:
- The app’s Game of S.K.A.T.E. platform enables consumers to randomly challenge anyone, at anytime, anywhere in the world, connecting a virtual community of skaters.
- The Trick Tree is a virtual index cataloging the taxonomy of skate tricks, allowing you to track, show-off, and catalogue every trick in your arsenal and giving you visibility to everyone else’s.
- No other app tracks your skating progress like the Nike SB App. Based on the user’s Trick Tree executions, Pro Challenge completions, game of S.K.A.T.E. victories, and overall app engagement, badges are awarded and represent the user’s development within the app.
The Nike SB Skate App is now available to download for free here.