Today Apple release iPhone firmware 3.1 and we already covered in the past couple of days, that you should not upgrade as soon as it released. Today we got a new warning from BigBoss which basically says what you can see in the title of this article ( pretty scary huh?!?! ).
Apple is pushing v3.1 now. I strongly recommend you do not upgrade. If you have a 3gs, if you update now, you may never be able to jailbreak ever again. If for some reason you think you must upgrade, at the very least make sure that you get your ecid shsh done via the home page of cydia first by clicking the heart. If you didnt do this or dont understand, do not upgrade!
If you have a 3g or 2g, you will probably be ok but you should still wait a few days to see what happens with the jailbreak. 3.0 is plenty stable and there’s no rush to upgrade to 3.1. Also, whatever bug you think you have that it will fix it probably will not fix as is always the case.
As always, will keep updates here and a tutorial posted when jailbreak is released.
From apple, the 3.1 firmware changes are (notice there is nothing about battery or push, so if you have bugs in that area assume they are not fixed for 3.1).
What’s new in iPhone firmware 3.1
- Improved syncing for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and photos
- iTunes U content organization
- Redeem iTunes Gift Cards, codes, and certificates in the App Store
- Display available iTunes account credits in the App Store and iTunes Store
- Save video from Mail and MMS into Camera Roll
- Option to ”Save as new clip” when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS
- Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is turned on