There is a Mac for Pros, a MacBook for Pros, but we’re still waiting for an iPad Pro – but that may change in 2014. Samsung has the GALAXY NotePRO 12.2 and Asus is as well working on larger tablets, mainly to address businesses and graphic designers, who usually choose graphic tablets from Wacom. A larger iPad would combine both tablet and computer functions.
Nevertheless: There isn’t much indication for a giant tablet from Cupertino. But we still want it to come! That’s why the guys at CURVED made up this iPad Pro concept which features:
- The iPad Pro design is pretty close to its siblings, the iPad mini Retina and iPad Air. Curved corners and a flat back. Sound is provided from speakers that are placed left and right from the Lightning connector.
- Touch ID is integrated in the saphire glass protected home button, which was introduced for iPhone 5s.
- The screen is 12.9 inch wide and has a 4K-solution with 3,072×2,304 pixels (298 ppi), using LED-backlights and IPS-technology.
- Even though it’s wider, it’s still as thin as the iPad Air: 7.5 mm.
- The bigger screen with more pixels requires an A8 chipset with 64-bit-architecture.
- Apps for the iPad Air are shown optimized by the iPad Pro. Dedicated apps – labelled with “Pro” – use the higher resolution and performance of the all new iPad Pro.
- New pencils may fully employ all the features like pressure sensitivity. But don’t hold your breath for a multi button pen made by Apple.