There’s no secret that iPhoneography is a big deal today. From apps to 3rd party accesories to an amazing camera, the iPhone has managed to create a new trend in one of the world’s oldest art form.
The iOS comes with a built-in camera app that does exactly what it’s supposed to do. Naturally, being a built-in app, it’s not as feature-rich as some would want it to be. Luckily there’s an excess of 3rd party apps to fill that gap, but it also makes it harder on the end user who ends up installing 10 maybe 20 or more apps, to basically perform a simple function: take a picture.
If you are in the market for a photo app ( or a new app to add to your collection ), you might just give CameraSharp a try.
If you’re the social type iPhoneographer, this app might not be for you. You can’t share your ‘masterpieces’ on Facebook or Twitter, and no, you can’t add filters to your photos.
But what CameraSharp lacks in ‘social features’, it makes up in core functions:
- Simple, no-frills blazing fast picture taking with automatic background saving directly to the camera roll.
- Six modes: normal, anti-shake, sound shutter, continuous, big button, self-timer.
- ANTI-SHAKE steadies your camera and lets you take the sharpest pictures possible, free of blur.
- SOUND ACTIVATED SHUTTER allows you to take pictures of you or your friends without touching the camera by simply whistling or clapping.
- CONTINUOUS MODE allows fully customizable photo and time control allowing you to take multiple photos with a set interval. Perfect for burst or unattended time-lapse photos!
- BIG BUTTON MODE allows you to touch anywhere on the screen to snap a picture.
- Our exclusive Tactile Timer, the most intuitive self-timer in the app store, allows you to set a countdown with just a simple rotating gesture.
- Our exclusive Bubble Level measures tilt in all three dimensions and uses the built-in accelerometer and gyroscope to help you accurately capture the perfect angle for your photo
- Our Spot Focus and Exposure system gives you precise, fine-grained control over the photo composition. Please note: due to hardware limitations, these two features are not fully supported on the iPhone 3G, but are on the iPhone 3GS and higher.
- Separate focus, exposure, and white balance locks give you ultimate control while remaining out of your way.
- Lightning-fast built-in album viewer lets you view your photos and email them without having to leave the app.
- Full EXIF + optional geotagging
- Digital zoom
- All features work equally well on front/back cameras
- Full resolution photos
- Flash control
- Rule-of-thirds grid
CameraSharp is available for free ( limited time ) in the app store…