Apple has introduced a new service via iTunes Connect through which you can self publish your book(s) on the iBookstore. So you better install Adobe Indesign and get to work. Check all the requirements after the break…
- An Intel-based Mac running OS X 10.5 or later
- At least 1 GB RAM
- QuickTime 7.0.3 or later. This is so you can encode and deliver content using our dedicated software.
- At least 10 GB of available hard drive space (more for larger catalogs) is recommended.
- A broadband internet connection with an upload rate of 128 kbps or faster is recommended.
Book Content Requirements:
- ISBNs for all titles you intend to distribute
- You must be able to deliver your book content in EPUB format, passing EpubCheck 1.0.5.
- A US Tax ID
- A valid iTunes Store account, with a credit card on file
- Apple does not pay partners until they meet payment requirements and earning thresholds in each territory. You should consider this before applying to work directly with Apple as you may receive payments faster by working with an Apple-approved aggregator.