ih8sn0w just released a new tool called iFaith which dumps SHSH blobs for present iOS revision on iDevice and creates a pre-signed IPSW.
As you know, if you want to restore your iDevice to a previous iOS, the process will fail unless you have the blobs for that particular iOS version saved and use such tools as TinyUmbrella.
But, saving the blobs for an iOS version can only be done as long as Apple still signs that iOS. When a new iOS version is being released, Apple stops signing the previous version and if you didn’t save your blobs you can kiss your downgrade goodbye. Or that’s how it was until today. Because iFaith takes care of this problem.
If your iDevice is susceptible to the Limera1n jailbreak ( all iDevices except iPad 2, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G – last two are forever jailbreakable ) you can use iFaith to dump the blobs from the device.
For example, if your device is running a prior iOS to 4.3.3 ( latest release to date ), you can use iFaith to get the blobs for your iOS version even if Apple stopped signing it.
1. Download iFaith extract the zip file and run the tool
2. Read the disclaimer and click ok
3. Click the ‘Dump SHSH’ button
4. On the next window read all the info and click ‘proceed’
5. Click on ‘Let’s Go’ to start the dumping process
6. iFaith will ask you if you’re dumping an AppleTV 2. If so, click yes…
7. Power off your device and follow the instructions on the screen to put your device in DFU mode ( press Power+Home for 10 seconds and then release the Power button but keep holding the Home button )
8. Once in DFU mode, iFaith will start the dumping process. It’s automatic and it will take a few minutes…
9. When the process is complete, iFaith will ask you where to save ( locally ) the SHSH…
10. That’s it