The wait is finally over. Evad3rs ( pimskeks, planetbeing, pod2g and
MuscleNerd ) has just released evasi0n, the new untethered jailbreak for iOS 6.0, iOS 6.0.1, iOS 6.0.2 and iOS 6.1.
Jump over the break to check out how to use the tool to jailbreak your iOS device(s)….
- 5 minutes of your time!
- A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X ( 10.5 minimum ) or Linux ( x86 / x86_64 )
- An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 6.0 through 6.1 ( you may check in Settings / General / About => Version )
- A USB cable to connect the device to the computer
- Backup your iOS device using iTunes or iCloud before using evasi0n. This way you are sure to never lose any data if something wrong happens.
- Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
- Be patient while the jailbreaking process is running, don’t start iTunes or Xcode in the meanwhile. The best is to not touch the computer until the end of the jailbreaking process.
- A full restore of your iOS device(s) via iTunes is recommended
1. Download evasi0n v1.4
2. Make sure your iOS device is plugged into your computer and load evasi0n.
3. As soon as evasi0n has recognized your device, click on ‘jailbreak’
4. Now, evasi0n will start the jailbreak process. Do not touch your devices, open iTunes or Xcode. At one point the tool will prompt you to tap the new ‘jailbreak’ icon
5. On your iOS device you will notice a new icon called ‘Jailbreak’ tap it to continue the jailbreaking process. Wait for the tool to finalize the process and reboot your device.
6. Congrats! You’re done. Enjoy your jailbreak