Yes you hear that right and you hear it on FSM first. Althought we have a couple of browser alternatives in the appstore and Cydia, people always craved for Opera Mini or Firefox. Well, Opera Software, maker of the world’s most popular mobile Web browser, plans to reveal Opera Mini for iPhone in an exclusive press and partner preview during the 2010 Mobile World Congress (MWC).
While Opera Mini for iPhone is not publicly available, visitors without a press pass will not leave Opera’s stand disappointed. Opera will unveil a host of other Opera-powered devices at its exhibit. Check out the following Opera technology, live from MWC:
- Opera Mobile 10 beta 3 on Symbian S60 and Windows Mobile handsets
- Opera Mobile 10 beta running on Android handsets
- Opera Mini 5 beta, running on a variety of handsets and platforms
- Opera’s cross-platform Widgets Manager beta, running on Windows Mobile and S60 handsets
We are thrilled to offer journalists and partners an exclusive preview of Opera Mini for iPhone during the year’s biggest mobile event. This is a unique opportunity to introduce the fast, feature-rich Opera Mini experience for the iPhone, and to showcase our latest beta releases of Opera Mobile and Opera Mini on other platforms and devices. Opera’s mission is to bring the Web to the world, and by making Opera Mini available on yet another platform, we are one step closer.
To hear more from Opera about the future of the Web, you can attend one of the speaking engagements during MWC:
Monday, February 15, 2010
- 15:00 — Jon von Tetzchner, Vodafone panel discussion on “Mobile Web developments, W3C standards, using Web APIs and the live creation of widgets”, in Hall 7, Auditorium 1
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
- 14:00 — Håkon Wium Lie, panel discussion on “Mobile security in an IP world”, Hall 5
- 14:00 — Christen Krogh, presentation on “Creating a connected cloud for the perfect mobile storm”, Hall 5
- 15:45 — GSMA Awards ceremony, Opera Mini shortlisted for “Best Mobile Internet Service” and “Best Mobile Technology Breakthrough”, Hall 5, Level 3, Auditorium 1