Winner of the 2008 Apple Design Award for Best iPhone Productivity Application, OmniFocus brings task management to your fingertips. Keep track of tasks by project, place, person, or date. Bring up a shopping list, agenda items to discuss at work, tasks for home, and any other lists you need.
Using your location, OmniFocus can create a custom list of tasks to complete nearby. Buying groceries? OmniFocus can show you a nearby grocery store and an instant shopping list.
Capture tasks anywhere, anytime with OmniFocus: enter text, take a picture, or even make a quick voice recording.
OmniFocus can synchronize with OmniFocus 1.1 for Mac via MobileMe or a WebDAV-enabled web server.
- Note: Before updating, we recommend that you either synchronize your data with MobileMe or a WebDAV server (even if you’re not using OmniFocus for Mac), or that you have a current backup of your iPhone data in iTunes. (That way you won’t lose any data if your update is accidentally interrupted!)
- Changes in the minor v1.1.3 update:
- OmniFocus is now able to repair disconnected root transactions (rather than simply reporting “no root can reach all tail transactions”).
- When syncing over Bonjour, all database compactions are now performed by the server. This is more efficient—and, more importantly, this eliminates the possibility that overlapping compact operations could leave a disconnected root transaction in the sync database (causing the above error).
- Changes in the minor v1.1.2 update:
- Updated the Settings icon to avoid potential confusion with the iPhone’s built-in Settings application.
- Changes in the minor v1.1.1 update:
- Fixed a bug which could leave the user at a blank screen after adding a new item.
- Fixed a bug which caused the app to be unresponsive after converting an action to a project.
- Fixed a few places where English was still visible in the Japanese translation.
- Highlights of the recent v1.1 update include:
- The new Bonjour sync method supports syncing directly with a Mac over a local Wi-Fi network. (MobileMe and WebDAV are still available as syncing alternatives, but are no longer required.)
- When you open OmniFocus, the New Inbox Item button is available immediately. (You no longer have to wait for the database to finish loading!)
- Improved the interface for selecting start and due dates.
- The Due Soon, Overdue, and Flagged lists now include inbox items.
- OmniFocus is now available in Japanese. (Look for several more languages soon, including French, German, Spanish, Italian, Simplified Chinese, and Dutch.) If your iPhone’s language isn’t English or Japanese but you prefer English to Japanese, make sure you enable the English keyboard in your iPhone’s international settings.
Requires iPhone 2.0 Software Update