Flexibits released Fantastical 2, a brand new version of the super popular iOS calendar app which includes reminders support, an improved sentence parser, background app refresh and more.
Fantastical 2 now includes the ability to create and manage reminders directly from the event parser. Users can create reminders as well as calendar events using plain english. The parser allows users to type in full sentences, or to use geofencing when creating reminders: “remind me to pick up the dry cleaning when I leave work”.
“We wanted to make an iOS 7 iPhone calendar app worthy of the name Fantastical,” said Michael Simmons, Co-Founder of Flexibits. “With its beautiful iOS 7 design and functionality, we’re confident users are going to love Fantastical 2 for iPhone.”
With Fantastical 2 for iPhone, users will quickly and easily create, view, and search all of their events and reminders. The advanced natural language engine is extremely expressive, enabling users to enter event or reminder details in their own style. For example, users can enter sentences such as “Lunch with Elon at 123 Main Street on Tuesday” and Fantastical 2 for iPhone translates the sentence into an event and adds it to their calendar. And with support for reminders, users can enter sentences such as “todo Pick up dry cleaning” and the user will have a reminder, ready to check off.
Whats new in Fantastical 2
– See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
– Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen – just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
– Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Significant new parser features, including:
– Create reminders by starting your sentence with “reminder”, “todo”, “task”, or “remind me to”
– Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
– Create alerts with phrases such as “remind me tomorrow at 3PM”, “alert 1 hour before”, or “alarm 3PM”
• All-new event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and better repeating event options
• An elegant week view when you rotate your iPhone to landscape
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don’t launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times (only for 4″ screens)
• Birthday options – tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
• Many other refinements and improvements
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation* and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Fantastical 2’s DayTicker is the efficient and enjoyable way to see your schedule
• The expansive and beautiful event list makes it easy to find your events
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
• View and manage your Facebook events
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak* your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
Fantastical 2 for iPhone is available on the App Store for $2.99 for a limited time ( iTunes link ) — the price will eventually rise to $4.99. It requires iOS 7 and is available now.