New day, new update in Cydia: Firewall iP – the only security tool of its kind for iPhone and iPod touch. Firewall iP allows you to block outgoing connections (TCP & UDP). It hooks into applications and will warn you if the app wants to establish a connection to a host and shows you the hostname. Then you have the options to allow or deny the connection once/always or allow/deny all connections for the application. Port specific blocking is possible.
You can decide if the application will send data. Developers will no longer be able to collect stats and data about you (UDID, phone number, usage statistics…). With Firewall iP you can cover all app analytic providers which aren’t in PrivaCy and also custom analytics.
- Block outgoing TCP & UDP connections selectively
- port specific blocking
- Shows you the hostname for the connection & can provide you with WhoIs information
- Can block connections of apps when you are on a cellular network (save data!)
- Block analytic providers / data collectors which PrivaCy can’t
- Block unneeded content
- Easy to use interface & control app
- and many more…. FiP is very powerful
The new update comes with a beautiful new UI for its app! Of course it supports retina devices as well as the larger screen of the iPhone 5.
Firewall iP is available for $4.99 in Cydia Store via BigBoss repo…