Vopium, the leading international mobile communications company, today announced that it is extending its high-quality, versatile communication application to the iPhone™. Powered by mobile VoIP and Wi-Fi technology, Vopium enables users to easily make free and heavily-discounted international calls, saving up to 90% off traditional international mobile and land-line costs. Consumers and businesses that download and register the application, which is now available in Apple’s App StoreSM, will receive 30 minutes of free calls and 30 text messages (SMS) to get started.
To view a step-by-step registration guide for the iPhone, visit http://vopium.com/iphone landing Vopium’s award-winning technology1 leverages mobile VoIP and Wi-Fi to greatly reduce the cost of international calls made from mobile phones while also maintaining excellent call quality. Free and easy to download, Vopium integrates directly with the user’s mobile address book, automatically re-routing all international calls via the least expensive method available. In addition to heavily discounted international calls, Vopium users can also slash the costs of sending text messages(SMS) abroad as each message costs only GBP 0.09.
“Vopium aims to deliver low-cost international calling to the masses and we currently support more than 500 devices to ensure that mobile subscribers everywhere can use our innovative technology,” said Tanveer Sharif, Vopium’s CEO. “To that end, we’re extending support to the iPhone to enable millions of consumers and businesses to transform the powerful mobile device into the only solution they’ll ever need to call the world at a fraction of traditional mobile operator costs.”
Once the Vopium application is downloaded to the iPhone, it is tightly integrated with the user’s address book. When an international number is dialed, the call is made using the cheapest method available while preserving the highest call quality. When using Wi-Fi, Vopium iPhone users can call other Vopium Wi-Fi users for free, regardless of the brand/model of their device.
Vopium: The Key Facts
- Vopium is free to download at www.vopium.com; iPhone users can download the application directly from the Apple App Store
- Vopium re-routes international calls as a local call to a Vopium gateway and then via global traffic carriers as ordinary voice traffic in order to ensure voice quality
- All new users are given 30 minutes of talk time and 30 international SMS for free
- Vopium is compatible with more than 500 handsets across Java, Symbian, BlackBerry RIM, and Windows Mobile, as well as offering a complete iPhone solution
- Calling internationally with Vopium can result in up to 90 percent savings versus traditional carrier rates; for an overview of current pricing, visit: http://vopium.com/tariff
- Calls made through Vopium are always routed using the cheapest method while preserving the highest quality
- Vopium Wi-Fi users can call each other around the world for free
- Vopium users keep their own mobile number and SIM card, and maintain their numeric identity when making calls
- When a user calls from their home country, a local rate may be applied by their operator
- When calling from abroad a roaming charge will be applied by the subscriber’s operator
- Wi-Fi calls made with Vopium will not incur additional charges from a subscriber’s operator