Apple updated OS X Mavericks to v10.9.3 today with lots of fixes and improvements and adding better support for 4K display and bundling Safari 7.0.3 into the iOS ( Safari 7.0.3 was previously a standalone update ). Improved 4K display support is available for the Late 2013 Mac Pro and 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
Here’s whats new and improved in OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 :
- Improves 4K display support on Mac Pro (Late 2013) and MacBook Pro with 15-inch Retina Display (Late 2013)
- Adds the ability to sync contacts and calendars between a Mac and iOS device using a USB connection
- Improves the reliability of VPN connections using IPsec
- Resolves an issue that prevented Font Book from installing PostScript Type 1 fonts
- Improves reliability of copying, editing and inspecting permissions of files on an SMB file server
- Improves reliability of network home directories
- Improves stability when installing configuration profiles
- Improves login speed for users in Active Directory groups
- Includes Safari 7.0.3
The update is recommended for all Mavericks users as it improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, and can be downloaded via the Mac App Store.
Apple has also released an update for iTunes bringing the software to v11.2. The new update brings a new “Unplayed” tab in the Podcast section which lists content that the user has not listened to yet. Also you can now browse episode that are available to stream or download in the “Feed” tab. Further improvements include the ability to automatically delete episodes once they have been listened to and save your favorite episodes so you can be sure they are saved on your computer.
With iTunes 11.2, Apple fixes an issue where iTunes might become unresponsive when updating recommended songs through Genius and it also improves the overall performance and stability. However, Apple recommends that users have Podcast for iOS 2.1 or later for syncing podcast episodes.
This update includes the following improvements:
Improved Podcast Browsing
Quickly find episodes you haven’t listened to in the new Unplayed tab
Browse episodes that are available to download or stream in the Feed tab
Save your favorite episodes to keep them on your computer
Episodes can now be automatically deleted after you play them
This update also resolves an issue where iTunes may become unresponsive when updating Genius and improves overall performance and stability. Podcasts for iOS 2.1 or later recommended when syncing podcast episodes.
iTunes 11.2 can be update via the Mac App Store or downloaded for Mac and PC via Apple’s website.