Apple has released today and iPad-optimised version of its Apple Store app which comes as a separate download to the iPhone app but pretty much offers the same functionality as you would expect. The new app comes with the iOS 7 design elements and color scheme, focusing on beautiful pictures, white space and text.
Exclusively available on the iPad version of the app, is a section called ‘Now Trending’, that shows what items are currently in demand at the store.
When viewing categories if you swipe through images, the app updates the active product and also all the other products visible on the screen at the time ( see below ).
An app designed just for iPad that lets you shop the Apple Online Store like never before. Explore beautiful, high resolution image galleries, discover the latest products and accessories, and check out with a few taps.
Here’s just some of what you can do with Apple Store for iPad:
– See the latest trending products that others are buying, sharing, and reviewing.
– Use pinch gestures to zoom, browse and compare.
– Personalize an iPad or an iPod with free engraving, and get signature gift wrap.
– Buy products on the go and pick them up at your favorite Apple Retail Store, or have them shipped to your door.
– Find an Apple Retail Store near you and view hours , get directions, check product availability, make Genius Bar reservations, or sign up for workshops and events.
– Explore Apple Retail Stores around the world and mark stores as favorites.
Apple Store app for iPad is available for free on the App Store…