CineXplayer for the iPad allows you to play multiple formats like AVI’s, on your iPad. Don’t wait for the developers to make an iPhone version. Do it your self.
This tutorial was written by @greenlink 8/13/2010 ——————————————————————————————————————— CineXplayer is an iPad only app that allows you to play avi files encoded in Xvid on your ipad. well i got it running on my ipod touch.
*note* you must be jailbroken and install this app through installous for this app to work, as itunes will not (currently) sync/install the app */note*
Edits in bold are made by FSM
Edit: I was able to Sync using xCode on the Mac, just another benefit of a Dev account.
1. First download the app (duh) 2. now find the *.ipa file
Win XP: “C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Mobile Applications”
or “C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\My Documents\My
Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications Vista/7:
“C:\Users\[user name]\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Mobile Applications” Or
“C:\Users\[user name]\Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications” 3. open the ipa file in winrar (or ,similar program), don’t unzip it.
Edit: I used 7zip on my windows VM on a Mac
4. In winrar open (double click) the folder named ‘Payload’, then ‘CineXplayer.app’
5. then extract the info.plist to your desktop (or where ever you want, i don’t care) and open it in a plist editor ( I used plist editor for windows)
Edit: I added the second Key and made it universal, instead of taking the 2 out. Just add the 1
7. save you modified info.plist file
8. drag your newly edited info.plist file back over to the winrar window to overwrite the old info.plist file (if it promps you, click yes)
9. exit winrar and copy the cineXplayer.ipa file to your device (via ssh or ftp or whatever) to ‘/var/mobile/Documents/Installous/Downloads/’
Edit: I don’t like Installous, even for this..but it is a free app that you are just changing, so in this case, maybe its alright.
10. on your device install the ipa via installous
if you don’t know what im talking about: 10.1 open installous (if you don’t have installous, install it via cydia) 10.2 tap on ‘Downloads’, ‘cinexplayer.ipa’, then ‘install’ 10.3 wait for installous to tell you it has finsihed installing
11. congrats! you now have an ipad app running on your ipod touch/iphone