You got to admit that Google Earth is one of the top apps right now for the iPhone and iPod Touch. I love it. Play with it everyday. But there is one thing that was bothering me. Their damn copyright mark . It always gets in the way. I know Google is the Big Brother, it controls everything and all that. But really, love your users more Google.
So , of course there is a way to remove that annoying Copyright Mark from the app ( if somebody from Google is reading this post, don’t be mad… it just offers a better users experience. No diss to you mighty Google )
How to do it?
- SSH into your device.
- Find in Applications folder Google Earth.app.
- Inside Google Earth.app find a file named drivers.ini.
- Open drivers.ini with a text editor.
- Find the line that says Render/copyrightFontColor = 0x99ffffff
- Change 99 to 00 ( zero zero )
- Save the file
I attached 2 pictures below ( BEFORE and AFTER ). Click on them to enlarge.