Here are the basic steps for how to get it:
- The untether is for iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone3GS, iPhone4, iPhone4-CDMA, iPad1, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G
- If you have one of those devices and are not on 5.0.1 yet, update now! The SHSH window is still open for 5.0.1 If you unlock via ultrasn0w or gevey, make sure you only get to 5.0.1 via a custom IPSW!Once you’re at 5.0.1, use the latest redsn0w 0.9.10 to both jailbreak and untether.
- If you’re already at 5.0.1 with a tethered jailbreak, you have two choices: either run redsn0w 0.9.10 over your current jailbreak (deselect “Install Cydia” if you do that), or install the Cydia package prepared by the chronic devteam. The patches are the same regardless of which you choose.
- Some of you are using a hybrid 5.0/5.0.1 configuration. If so, do not attempt to install this untether over that setup! You will most likely get into a reboot cycle. Do a sync and fresh restore to 5.0.1 then install the jailbreak + untether.
NOTE: if you’re already rocking a tethered iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak, you can skip this tutorial and use Corona.
2. Update your iDevice to iOS 5.0.1 via iTunes
3. Open redsn0w and click ‘Jailbreak’
4. Make sure your device is both plugged in and turned off, and click next
5. Now you need to put your device in DFU mode. Follow the instructions on the screen… ( hold down Power button for 3 seconds. without releasing the Power button, also hold down Home button for 10 seconds. without releasing the Home button, release the power button, but keep holding the Home button for 15 seconds )
6. Your iDevice will reboot now
7. redsn0w will now prepare the jailbreaking data
8. Select Cydia and click next
9. Your iDevice will reboot again, and redsn0w will begin uploading the new ramdisk and Kernel
10. That’s it you’re done