So, Spirit jailbreaking tool is out, and guess what? We were right about that screenshot. The tool is blazing fast , and really easy to use. Spirit is:
- Spirit is an untethered jailbreaking tool for all iDevices and works on latest firmware ( 3.1.3 for iPhone/iTouch and 3.2 for iPad )
- Spirit is NOT an unlock tool
• Any iPhone or iPod touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3 and iPad 3.2.
• An activated device: one not stuck on the Connect to iTunes or Emergency Call screen.
• Any version of iTunes 9 (including 9.1.1).
• Spirit tool
NOTE: Syncing with iTunes before trying this highly recommended.
The steps are the same for both platforms ( Mac OSX and Windows ):
1. Load Spirit
2. Connect your iDevice
3. Click on Jailbreak
4. Wait for your iDevice to reboot
NOTE: If you have problems with Spirit on Windows, run it in win98 compatibility mode. To use win98 compatibility mode, right click on the Spirit icon, go to properties and click compatibility and select Windows 98
NOTE: iPad users be careful. Some packages in Cydia, are not designed for the iPad yet, and they might screw up your system and require a restore
NOTE: If your iPad goes into iPhone mode you need to respring. Make sure your iPad’s landscape mode is unlocked before you run Cydia for the first time…