Today we told you that Apple will focus on 3 things on January 27th: the ubiquitous annoying tablet ( that i hope it will blow our mind ) , iPhone OS 4.0 and iLife. Since there are only 8 days left until the even, expect mad rumors to run free through the internets. And it seems that the first iPhone OS 4.0 rumors are already flowing…
Here are some iPhone OS 4.0 features, according to BGR:
- There will be multi-touch gestures OS-wide. (Would make sense for that as the rumored OS for the iTablet is close if not the same as the iPhone)
- “A few new ways” to run applications in the background — multitasking.
- Many graphical and UI changes to make navigating through the OS easier and more efficient. We haven’t had this broken down, but we can only hope for improved notifications, a refreshed homescreen, etc.
- The update will supposedly be available for only the iPhone 3G and 3GS, but will “put them ahead in the smartphone market because it will make them more like full-fledged computers” more than any other phone to date. Everyone is “really excited.”
- The last piece of information is the most vague, but apparently there will be some brand new syncing ability for the contacts and calendar applications.