A couple of months ago, we showed you the sickest iPhone 4 mod yet: the transparent iPhone 4 case mod. The original mod was achieved using paint thinner on the original iPhone 4 front and rear panel but today, we’re showing you how to get your own transparent iPhone 4 rear panel, and set it up yourself.
1. Head over to M.I.C Gadgets store and get your own iPhone 4 transparent rear panel. It costs $23.90 and you will also get the tools you need to set it up. ( a Philips screwdriver and a pentalobular screwdriver ).
2. Wait 1-2 weeks ( depends ), jump for joy and carry on…
3. Turn off your iPhone, and using the appropriate screwdriver, remove the two Phillips/pentalobular screws next to the dock connector.
4. Push the rear panel toward the top edge of the iPhone. The panel will move about 2 mm.
5. Remove the rear panel from the iPhone and replace it with the transparent one.
NOTE: when using the transparent panel, there used to be some problems with the camera/flash but the new panels come with an updated design. We didn’t see a dramatic difference between photos ( original vs clear back )