Nulana released a Remotix 2.5 for iOS, a major release of its fast, secure and feature-packed remote desktop tool with lots of new features. Remotix 2.5 brings SSH tunneling with support for both password and public key authentication methods, speed improvements, and support for multiple monitor configurations. Version 2.5 also includes the option to share a session, ability to select the display mode or use virtual display while connecting to logged Mac with another user, and more.
Remotix 2.5 supports SSH tunneling with both password and public key authentication methods. For VNC servers, it is possible to choose between three methods – VNC Password, Mac OS X or Microsoft Windows authentication.
Multi-touch gestures include pan, zoom, click, double click, right click, drag, scroll and an option to access the hidden Mac Dock or Windows taskbar.
Remotix extended keyboard provides iOS users with the most important Mac keys like Ctrl, Option, Command, copy/paste, and function keys (F1 through F10). Here are also a set of arrow keys to scroll.
Remotix users can enable local specific keyboard. The app currently supports English (US), English (Great Britain), English (IE), French, French Swiss, French Canadian, Belgian, Spanish, Italian, Danish, Norwegian, Russian and Swedish.
Remotix includes several configuration settings that can be changed while connected to the server. On a small screen size it makes sense to enable Server-side scaling to increase connection speed. Remotix will reduce the amount of transmitted data without influence on image quality. Adaptive quality option is perfect for average and slow Internet connections.
New features in Remotix 2.5 include:
- SSH tunneling with support for both password and public key authentication methods;
- Many speed improvements in decoders;
- Improvements to work well on large resolutions;
- Support for multiple monitor configurations;
- Ability to select the display mode (combined or each display individually);
- Option to share a session or use virtual display while connecting to logged Mac with another user;
- Improved zoom & two finger scrolling;
- “Delete” button for Ultra and Tight servers;
- x11vnc -ncache mode support;
- Improved Bonjour scanning;
- Reduced memory usage.
Remotix is available as an universal app ( iPhone and iPad ) for $9.99 in the app store …