We wrote about PhoneDisk back in July, and at the time the developers were giving it away for free until September 1st. Thanks to our readers, today we were informed that the developers extended the giveaway until December 1st, 2010 so if you find this tool useful, snatch it today.
PhoneDisk is a tiny program which runs in the system tray of your Mac or PC. When it finds an iPod Touch or iPhone it seamlessly mounts it to your file system so you can directly access files on it using Finder or any other program.
PhoneDisk lets you:
- Preview, open, edit and save images, documents and more directly on the the device. You can even access the device directly through other programs such as a document editing program.
- Phone Disk provides seamless integration of iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch file system in OSX’s finder
- Optionally, automatically launch program at startup.
- Mount multiple iPhones and iPod Touches simultaneously
- Works with or without jail breaking the device. It’s simple application that runs in your system tray and won’t clutter or slow your computer.
- We’ve added a custom feature which allows images copied to the DCIM folder to be viewed directly in the Photos app.
Phone Disk works with all iPhones, iPod Touches, and even iPads! For Mac, it requires Mac OSX 10.5 or later. For PC, it requires Windows XP, Vista or 7.
Download PhoneDisk for Mac and PC here.