If you want privacy when it comes to your iOS 7 lock screen push notifications, you should check out a new Cydia tweak called Notification Privacy which will mask your lock screen messages just as seen in the screenshots above.
This tweak allow you to customize a filter text which then will be displayed on the lock screen instead of the content of the message you. With this tweak installed and configured, nobody will be able to read your messages unless they will unlock your iOS device, and for that they will need your 4-digit passcode ( given you have set one ).
Notification Privacy comes with a dedicated menu pane in the Settings.app which will allow you to configure:
- Enable and disable the tweak on demand
- Choose the filler text that will appear on your lock screen
- Choose to hide or show the filler text instead of notification content on the Lock Screen
- Choose to hide or show the filler text instead of notification content on the Home Screen
- Choose to hide or show the filler text instead of notification content in Notification Center
- Choose to hide push notifications from the Lock Screen entirely
- Choose to hide or show the title in push notifications
- Choose the applications that you want to apply this tweak to
- Use an Activator gesture to enable and disable the tweak on demand
Just to make it clear this tweak will not only mask your text messages and iMessages, but it will work with any app that places push notifications on your iOS’s lock screen, home screen or Notification Center.
Notification Privacy is available for free on Cydia via BigBoss repo…