The wait is finally over. Chronic DevTeam has just released GreenPois0n Absinthe for Mac, which allows you to jailbreak your iPhone 4S and iPad 2.
Supported devices and firmwares
- iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0 or either 4S version of 5.0.1
- iPad 2 WiFi, CDMA and GSM running iOS 5.0.1
NOTE: if you need to unlock , stay at iOS 5.0
NOTE: If the Absinthe webclip shows “Error establishing a database connection”, please go to Settings, turn on VPN and wait instead. The VPN connection will give an error. This is normal. A reboot should happen a few moments after the error.
NOTE: No OTA updates
1. Download Absinthe – updated version ( FSM mirror download )
2. Connect your iPhone 4S or iPad 2
3. Click Jailbreak
4. Wait a few minutes.
NOTE: if you’re iDevice gets stuck at ‘waiting to reboot’, don’t worry. You will need to manually reboot your iDevice
5. After reboot, you will see a new Absinthe icon on your SpringBoard. Tap on that to get Cydia.
5.1 It will probably say ‘Error Establishing a Database Connection’. Don’t worry. Unplug your iPhone, go to Settings.app and turn on VPN.
6. After you get that VPN error, your iPhone will reboot and your iPhone/iPad will be fully jailbroken.
Thanks to everybody involved in this jailbreak ….