Just a quick heads-up: Apple has just released iOS 5.0.1 for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch to the public. This update contains improvements and other bug fixes including:
- Fixes bugs affecting battery life
- Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
- Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
- Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
Products compatible with this software update:
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 2
- iPod touch (4th generation)
- iPod touch (3rd generation)
Earlier this week, pod2g announced that iOS users should stay away from this update because the code signing bug in iOS 5.0 simplifies exploits dramatically and Apple will most likely closed it in iOS 5.0.1.
Also, MuscleNerd warns users to stay away from this update, because there is no downgrade path from iOS 5.0.1 to iOS 5.0, available at the moment. Save SHSH blobs are not enough to downgrade to iOS 5.
Bottom line… DO NOT update your devices to iOS 5.0.1…