Hit photography app Instagram has released version 2.0, with live effects, new filters and much higher resolution photos. The update has four new filters, Amaro, Rise, Hudson, and Valencia — the company worked with popular Instagrammer @colerise to create the effects.
See the world through Instagram’s stunning effects before you even snap a photo. Simply select a filter, hold the camera up to the scene and see the world through Instagram’s visual effects. We’ve re-written your favorite Instagram filters to be over 200x faster so even after having taken a photo, switching between them takes no time at all.
Perhaps most importantly, the app now supports images up to 1936×1936 on the iPhone 4, up substantially from the prior version, which only supported images of 612×612.
What’s New in Version 2.0.0
1. Completely revamped Camera experience (iOS 4.2.1+):
- Instant live filters & live tilt-shift
- 4 new filters
- Turn borders on & off
- Rotate photo after taking
- Filtered photos save in high-resolution to photo library
2. Other improvements:
- Better support for viewing feeds with many comments
- Faster load times for feeds
- New icon
Instagram 2.0 is available for free in the app store…