A few of months ago we told you about this videotoggle that allows you to record video with Cycorder or VideoRecorderFor3G, and then you could playback the video from your camera roll. You could also trim the video and send it to your friends via e-mail.
Now we got something similar to that, but more advanced. Now you can send the videos to your friends via MMS, upload them to YouTube and of course you’ll get video playback and you will also get the trimming function.The best part is that now you won’t get a black thumbnail in the cameraroll, you will actually get a preview.
First thing that you need to do , is to backup some files. Always need to backup. NOTE: you can always screw your iPhone with this. Be careful. We won’t be held responsible if you will need to restore your iPhone.
1. SSH into your iPhone and backup:
2. Download this file ( mirror ) and unpack it.
3. Place videorecorder3gs.deb in your /tmp/ folder. Using MobileTerminal type this:
- su root
- dpkg -i /tmp/videorecorder3gs.deb
- now respring your iPhone
4. Place the VideoToggle folder in your /tmp/ folder. Using MobileTerminal type this:
- su root
- cd /tmp
- reboot your iPhone
- activate toggle and respring
5. Now you will notice a new icon on your SpringBoard called VideoRecorder3. Load the app and tap of the icon at the bottom right of your screen.On the settings screen tap on the video tab at the bottom and then :
- “Movie encoder” set MPEG-4
- “Video Mode” set (288×384)(default)
Now basically you can record a video and wait for the video to encode. Once the video is encoded you can close the app, load SBSettings hit the videotoggle and you will find the video in your cameraroll. But wait… we’re not done. This is where the fun begins…
To fix the thumbnails into the cameraroll, you will need to place all the files from the ThumbnailsFix folder into /var/mobile/Library/SBSettings/Commands/. Replace files when asked, and check if the permissions are 755.
Place the following files into /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ :
NOTE: for iPhone 2G download the files here
Place the following folders into /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework :
Place everything in the PrivateFrameworks folder into /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/.
Now reboot your iPhone and enjoy.
NOTE: i don’t see the videos in the cameraroll until i disable videotoggle , re-enable it and respring my iPhone
NOTE: my first YouTube upload test, was successful but had no sound to the video. My iPhone was on silent the first time i uploaded the video. Second time i got my iPhone into the ringing mode and i got sound to my video. Don’t know if that is related, but if it is it doesen’t make sense. Check the video below: