It all started last week when Cydia crashed and i couldnt open it anymore. Pretty busy this days , with all sorts of stuff ( FSMdotCOM related and non-related ) , so the easiest thing for me was just to re-jailbreak , and get over it.
Since i didnt see any fuss about it on the www , i thought it was just me, so i decided to just let it go. But in the last couple of days, i received some emails from you guys reporting the same problem. So if there is a problem, there’s always a solution.
After scooping and asking around, i found out there is not certain why this is happening, but it seems to be related to the BigBoss’s repository .
So , the only way to be able to load Cydia again, w/o having to re-jailbreak, is to delete the repository and re-add it.
How to remove the repository:
- SSH into your iPhone or iTouch ( Mac or PC )
- go to / etc / apt / sources.list.d / and delete bigboss.list
- respring your device
How to add the repository:
- load Cydia
- tap on Search
- search for BigBoss and install the package
Alternative method 1:
- SSH and go to /private/var/lib/apt/lists ( you will find various files and folders )
- Remove all, BUT MAKE SURE YOU DONT DELETE THE FOLDER CALLED “partial”
- Load Cydia
Alternative method 2: ( for windows users )
- Download ClearCydiaListCache (requires. NET installed).
- Extract the zip file and move the file to your Desktop.
- Click twice on the .exe file and then the START key.
- At confirmation screen you must give the ok.
NOTE: it seems that the problem occurs only for people who had loaded Cydia when BigBoss repo was hosting a corrupted package. Now the problem is resolved , and if you don’t experience any issue with Cydia, do not follow any of this guides