We showed you how to do it by installing an app from cydia here, now here’s how to do it by editing a file. Make sure to back everything up. If you’re intimidated by this, wait a couple of days, it’ll end up on Cydia.
USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! Your carrier may end up charging you for unauthorized tethering access.This is all done on a Mac, sorry Windows guys. Make sure you have openSSH, and mobileTerminal installed on your phone.
- First get this file and put CommCenter.patch on your Desktop:
- CommCenter 3GS
- CommCenter 3G
- SSH, FTP, or however you like, access the root files on your iPhone, and head over to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/CommCenter, copy the CommCenter File to your desktop too.
- Open the Terminal and type “ cd Desktop bspatch CommCenter CommCenter-hacked CommCenter.patch” (without the quotes)
- That will have placed a new file on your desktop called CommCenter-hacked.
- Now you can go ahead and delete CommCenter from your Desktop and rename CommCenter-hacked to just CommCenter.
- Back on your iPhone, rename CommCenter on your iPhone to CommCenter-backup in case something bad happens.(remember always back up)
- Copy the new CommCenter(from your desktop) to your iPhone.
- SSH into your iPhone and fix the permissions to 755 on the CommCenter file, so that it’s executable. Or in MobileTerminal type: chmod +x /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreTelephony.frameworks/Support/CommCenter
- Now reboot the phone.
- Check your Setting > General > Network, and you should have the Tethering option.