GeoHot, as promised, has released the update for tonight, of his new tool purplesn0w, which comes to RC2 and introduces several enhancements that make it even faster and lighter.
As you can hear even BigBoss saying , GeoHot’s tool is a better solution than the DevTeam because this is not a daemon running in the background, and no task is inactive on your Baseband. This update also patch just one file: CommCenter.
A quick look in the ChangeLog , will reveal the following:
- Fixed some problems with the speed of the 3G network
- This time purplesn0w is patching only one file : CommCenter
- Leaves no trace on Baseband after execution
- Very clean and reliable
PurpleSn0w to be installed only on the iPhone 3Gs and used to unlock the phone with any SIM card. If you use ultrasn0w, or the first version of purplesn0w, to install the update on your 3Gs you must perform these steps:
- Be sure to have legit activated 3GS
- Disable 3G if you don’t have it(like T-Mobile).
- Add apt.geohot.com to Cydia
- Install com.geohot.purplesn0w
- Watch for success output in Cydia
- Reboot, and enjoy your unlocked iPhone
NOTE: do not apply this hack if you live in a country where devices are not locked by law ( ex Italy or Australia ).