The method exploits a security flaw in the activation screen, apparently related to the Voice Over system. We don’t recommend any non-devs to update to iOS 5 betas ( especially unlockers ) so, proceed at your own risk.
Download and install iOS 5
1. Download the iOS 5 IPSW file from the web (it’s easy and readily available. Just Google it and torrent it down).
2. Update your iPhone using iTunes. To do this, connect your iPhone to your computer, click on the Check for Update button with the Option (Mac) or Shift (PC) key pressed. Select the iOS 5 IPSW file from the place you downloaded it to.
3. Wait until it upgrades. A new activation screen will appear.
Activate iOS 5
1. Triple click the home button. This will activate the Voice Over.
2. Triple click the home button and Emergency Call will appear.
3. Click on Emergency Call and, while it’s switching, swipe with your three fingers down.
4. The Notification Center will appear!
5. Click on the Weather widget. The Weather app will load.
6. Click on the home button to exit to the iPhone’s springboard.
[thx Chris, via]
SUPPORTFSM has no ads or affiliate links. Your support would simply pay for our servers, domain and maintanance. If there's any leftover change, we'll get some coffee and a slice of pizza.