Yesterday, ih8sn0w released a new version of sn0wbreeze which you can use to create a custom .ipsw and untethered jailbreak the Verizon iPhone 4. Unfortunately sn0wbreeze is available only for Windows, but today we’re going to show you how to untethered jailbreak iOS 4.2.8 using redsn0w on Mac and Windows.
1. Update your Verizon iPhone 4 to iOS 4.2.8
2. Download and run redsn0w but point it to iOS 4.2.6 ( if you don’t know how to use this tool, follow our redsn0w tutorial )
3. Boot tethered with redsn0w for now
4. Load Cydia and add this repo: http://djayb6.com
5. Now install the package found inside the repo…
This package is no longer available