A new version of sn0wbreeze was released, which is able to untethered jailbreak iOS 4.2.3 and iOS 4.2.8 for Verizon iPhone 4. This tool allows you to create a custom firmware, and in this tutorial we’re going to show you exactly how to use it.
- iPhone 3G[S]/4/Verizon 4
- iPod Touch 3G/4
- iPad 1
- Apple TV 2
NOTE: the below tutorial uses screenshots from our previous sn0wbreeze tutorial. Don’t worry about it, the necessary adjustments have been made and the process is exactly the same.
1. Download Sn0wbreeze
2. Download stock iOS 4.3.3/iOS 4.2.8
NOTE: Windows Vista/Win7 users , you will need to run the toll in Administrator mode. To do that, right click on the tool’s icon and select ‘Run as administrator’…
3. Connect your iOS device
4. Open Snowbreeze and you will see a splash screen which tells you that this software is not for commercial use. Click OK ( see splash screen above ). On the next screen just click on the blue arrow to continue…
5. Now you will need to choose the stock iOS 4.3.3 downloaded earlier. Click on ‘Browse’, select it and click ‘Open’…
6. Choose ‘Expert Mode’ and click on the blue arrow to continue…
7. Now we need to customize our firmware. Just click on ‘General’ and then, click on the blue arrow to continue…
8. Here you can add:
- animated bootlogos
- choose to install openSSH
- resize the root partition
- add native backgrounding, user wallpaper, battery percentage etc
9. Once you are done, click on the blue arrow to continue. Now sn0wbreeze will create the custom firmware
10. Now, you will need to put the device in DFU mode. Follow the instructions on the screen.
15. Open iTunes. It will prompt you with a message that it found a device in recovery mode. Click OK…
16. Hold down the Shift key and click on restore. Choose the custom firmware you just created and click open. MAKE SURE it’s the custom firmware and not the stock one… ( you will recognize the custom one because it’s called ‘sn0wbreeze_iPhone_xxx’ )
17. Wait for iTunes to restore your iOS device with the custom firmware.
18. That’s it. Enjoy
NOTE: sn0wbreeze may fail. If it does, visit ih8sn0w’s website and check if there is an updated version available