Today, we told you that Spirit was updated and *they* fixed some bugs that were present in the first release. But if you used Spirit v1.0 , you might be one of the unlucky ones, that lost all the photos in the camera roll. There is an easy way to recover all your photos, but it will work only if you backed up your iDevice before using Spirit.
- OpenSSH installed on your iDevice ( Cydia )
- iPhone Backup Extractor 32bit or 64bit
1. Download and install iPhone Backup Extractor
2. Select the last backup ( the one you made before using Spirit ) and click Next
3. Now you can choose to restore backup automatically or manually. Choose manually and click Next…
4. Expand the “Media” folder, and select the “Media” folder, inside the “Media” folder… makes no sense? Check the screenshot below…
5. Select where you want to save your backup ( suggestion: desktop ) and click Next. If you choose to restore multiple files from the backup, iPhone Backup Extractor might freeze. Just wait patiently…
6. Now SSH into your iPhone with WinSCP, browse to /User/Media/ and drag-and-drop the DCIM folder from the backup into your iPhone overwriting the existing files.
7. That’s it. Enjoy
[thx Fabio from GuidaiPhone]