Today, we told you that Spirit was updated and *they* fixed some bugs that were present in the first release. But if you used Spirit v1.0 , you might be one of the unlucky ones, that lost all the photos in the camera roll. There is an easy way to recover all your photos, but it will work only if you backed up your iDevice before using Spirit.
- OpenSSH installed on your iDevice ( Cydia )
- iPhone Backup Extractor
- SFTP client like Cyberduck
1. Download and run iPhone Backup Extractor
2. Click on “Read Backups” and select the most recent backup ( the one made before using Spirit )
3. Restore your backup, see video below
4. Look for Media/DCIM/ folder in your restore…
5. SSH into your iDevice using Cyberduck and browse to / User / Media / . Drag-and-drop the DCIM folder from the backup, overwriting the existing files..
6. That’s it. Enjoy
[thx Fabio from GuidaiPhone]