iCleaner is the ultimate iOS device cleaning app! It scans your iOS device for unnecessary files and clear up storage space.
The cleanup process is made of the following steps:
- Message attachments: it deletes files sent and received via iMessage or MMS. The “smart” setting only deletes files that do not show up in any message, while “on” deletes all attachments (messages with attachments will show a blank icon).
- Safari: it deletes cookies, browsing history and cache files to free up memory and preserve your privacy.
- Applications: it deletes unnecessary AppStore apps caches, cookies, temporary files and snapshots. Furthermore, it detects popular applications for a more in-depth cleanup.
- More apps are added with each subsequent release. User login data, useful cookies and other relevant files are left untouched. iCleaner only removes the unnecessary.
- Cydia: it cleans up Cydia caches and temporary files, Cydia applications unnecessary files, partially downloaded Cydia packages and repo files.
- Cydia sources (disabled by default): it deletes Cydia sources files. Useful if Cydia sources aren’t updating correctly.
- Unused dependencies (disabled by default): issues the “apt-get autoremove” command in order to remove packages installed as dependencies that are not needed anymore. Additionally, it removes preference files left by some uninstalled packages.
- This is disabled by default since it should only be used by experienced users who want to automate the operation.
- Log files: it deletes log files and crash reports from known locations. These files are generally irrelevant to the user and can be safely deleted.
- Cache files: it scans and deletes system cache files and databases. Some of them are rebuilt upon respring. This helps removing obsolete cache data.
- Temporary files: it deletes temporary files from your device. These files are meant to be removed automatically, but they often happen not to. iCleaner takes care of that.
- Filetype cleanup: iCleaner features a custom cleanup pass based on file extensions. By default, it looks for log and temp files all over the directory tree.
iCleaner can also:
- Remove unused languages.
- Remove unused keyboards.
- Remove unused voice control languages.
- Remove definition dictionaries.
- Delete retina images.
- Delete iPad images.
- Delete 4-inch images.
- Delete iTunesArtwork files.
- Delete wallpapers.
- Move the Fonts folder from/to the system partition.
if you are an advanced user, and wish to have full control over your device, then you need to install iCleaner Pro! To install iCleaner Pro, add the following source in Cydia: http://exile90software.com/cydia
NOTE: uninstall “iCleaner” before installing “iCleaner Pro”. If you don’t, you will end up having two iCleaner icons, or just a non-working one. In that case, please respring your device.
iCleaner is available for free in Cydia via BigBoss repo…