There is a lot of fuss lately among iPhone 3G users that want to downgrade their iPhone 3G from the latest iPhone Firmware 3.1 to 3.0. NickLZ55, one of our friends here at FSMdotCOM found an easy way to downgrade his iPhone and it doesent involve going into the DFU mode.
- Turn iphone off
- Put into recovery mode by holding down the home button and pluggin in the USB cable
- iTunes will detect it in recovery mode saying it needs to be restored.
- Shift+Click Restore and choose the 3.0 firmware (not a custom one)
- You will get error 1015 just click okay.
- (this may sound weird) open QuickPwn, Yes QuickPwn (from 2.X jailbreaking) and it will say to hold down the home and power button for 15 seconds then press the power for 2 seconds.
- Once turned on you will get the typical slide for emergency blah blah
- Let iTunes activate your phone and your good to go!
Hopefully this will bring some sunshine in your iPhone life, and any questions you might have, asked them in a comment and NickLZ55 will answer them for you.
Later edit by murda
If you saw this article as soon as it was life, you saw it was for 3Gs and not 3G. My bad, i was doing 1000 things at the same time….