CarrierEditor allows you to customize your iOS device’s carrier logo to something totally different. This is limited to devices that can support data/phone service, so no WiFi-only devices. Some carriers might not be supported because they do not use images for their logos (e.g. Sprint). The good part is that CarrierEditor works WITHOUT a jailbreak on any firmware, so iPhone 5’s and iPad LTE’s work. If you do not see your device/carrier within CarrierEditor in the drop down lists, it means that your device is incompatible.
Jump over the break to check out how to use CarrierEditor to change your carrier logo…
NOTE: to learn how to enable numeric signal strength on your iPhone, check out this post
NOTE: CarrierEditor is Mac-only. Windows users, check out this post
1. Download CarrierEditor
2. Open the .dmg file
3. Load CarrierEditor
4. Click ‘Let’s Get Started’
5. On your iOS devices go to Settings > General > About > scroll down until you find ‘Carrier’
6. Go back to CarrierEdit, and enter your carrier’s version number in the box ( e.g. 13.2 )
7. Choose your device ( iPhone or iPad ) and your carrier
8. Drag and drop the new .png files in the appropriate boxes. You can use the Zeppelin logos included in the .dmg or create your own. Click on ‘Compile Carrier Update ( .ipcc )’
9. Now you will have two new files on your desktop. In this case ‘ATT_US_original.ipcc’ and ‘ATT_US_v13.3.ipcc’
10. Connect your iOS device to your computer, and load iTunes. Select the device you want to change the carrier logos on, and holding down the ‘alt’ key on your keyboard, click on restore.
11. Now select the ( choose according to your carrier ) the ‘ATT_US_v13.3.ipcc’ and click open.
12. Reboot your device and enjoy.
NOTE: if you want to reverse the process, repeat steps 10 and 11, but this time select ( choose according to your carrier ) the ‘ATT_US_original.ipcc’ file.