Chronic DevTeam just updated greenpois0n to RC6, for both Mac and Windows and the new update comes with AppleTV 2 support. Let’s take a look at how to use greenpois0n to untethered jailbreak your AppleTV on iOS 4.2.1
NOTE: you must update your AppleTV to 4.2.1 before you jailbreak. Download iOS 4.2.1
1. Download greenpois0n:
- Mac ( mirror )
- Windows ( mirror )
2. Load greenpois0n and click ‘Yes’.
3. Connect your AppleTV to your computer using a microUSB cable.
4. Click on ‘Jailbreak’ and follow the instructions on the screen to put your AppleTV in DFU mode. Using the remote, you will have to simultaneously press ( and hold ) the Home and Play buttons. For more info on how to put your AppleTV in DFU more, read this tutorial….
5. Once your AppleTV enters the DFU mode, greenpois0n will transfer the necessary jailbreaking code. Be patient
6. When greenpois0n is done, you can unplug the AppleTV from your computer, and connect it to your TV. You will notice that, the Apple logo is replaced by the greenpois0n skull and the menu gets a new ‘greenpois0n’ button. Select greenpois0n > Inject Software > Cydia Payload
7. When the installation is complete, using the remote, press the Menu button to reboot your AppleTV
8. That’s it you’re done. Enjoy
ALSO READ HOW TO: Use GreenPois0n To Untethered Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 [Mac]
ALSO READ HOW TO: Use GreenPois0n To Untethered Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 [Windows]
ALSO READ Animate: Create Custom Animated Bootlogos For iOS Devices Running iOS 4.2.1
ALSO READ HOW TO: Use Greenpois0n To Jailbreak The Verizon iPhone 4
ALSO READ HOW TO: Use TinyUmbrella To Preserve Your iPhone 4 Baseband And Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 Using Greenpois0n