Comcast has relaunched its Xfinity TV Player app as Xfinity TV Go for iOS devices, allowing subscribers to now stream TV shows and movies from the service’s channels on both the iPhone and iPad. The app also allows users to download TV shows and movies to their devices for offline viewing, and also includes parental control options. Currently, streaming and downloading of video is only supported in the United States.
XFINITY subscribers can watch thousands of XFINITY On Demand™ TV shows and movies anytime, anywhere. (formerly XFINITY™ TV Player app)
• NEW – Watch your favorite sports, news and kids networks live.
• Stream TV shows and movies from premium channels like HBO, Starz, Showtime, Cinemax and cable channels like TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, A&E, AMC, WETV, Food Network and HGTV
• Download TV shows and movies from Showtime, Streampix, Starz, Encore and MoviePlex and watch them when you’re offline.
• Set parental controls for privacy and peace of mind.
• Wi-Fi Internet connection for streaming and downloading of video.
• iPhone 4+, iPad 2+ or Retina iPod Touch running iOS 6 or higher.
• XFINITY TV or Comcast Digital Video service, plus a subscription to one or more eligible channels.
• Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address and password.
Streaming and downloading of video is not available internationally.
Streaming and downloading of video is only available using a Wi-Fi connection
XFINITY TV Go is available as an universal app ( iPhone and iPad ) for free on the App Store…