Wormwhole, P2P, Mac, speed… words that describe Worml – probably the best file sharing app for Mac OS X Lion. Worml transfers files directly from your computer into your peer’s. There’s no server in between to slow it down. You can transfer files of any size, URLs, text or screenshots. Worml is the fastest way to send and receive anything.
1. NO MONTHLY FEES
- Unlike other sharing services, you pay once and have unlimited transfers for ever and ever!
2. SHARE WITH ANYONE VIA A SHORT LINK
- Create a short link that points directly to a file in your computer – paste that link on twitter, IM or email and anyone can download that file, even if they don’t have Worml.
3. NO FILE SIZE LIMIT
- Share videos and large documents without any worries of reaching a quota.
4. DIRECT FILE TRANSFER
- No cloud servers in between transfers to slow you down – 100% peer 2 peer!
5. AUTO OPEN
- Once you receive a file or website, it can automagically open on your screen
6. KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS
- Assign a different keyboard shortcut to each of your contacts and send files and websites quickly!
- Drag files or websites into the wormhole to start transfers
- Press the keyboard shortcut in Photoshop and you can share a screenshot of what you’re working on
- Press the shortcut in iTunes to share a song
- If you share a folder with someone on Dropbox, and send a file that your friend already has synced on their computer, Worml won’t transfer the file again, it just opens the file for them.
- Share the contents of your clipboard (good for screenshots)
- Resume interrupted transfers
- History log
- Sharing with offline contact will transfer it when both are online
- Snow Leopard support
PS: Next update enables Worml to work even on restricted connections, 3G mobile broadband and any firewalled connection
Worml is available for $2.99 ( normally $9.99 ) in the Mac app store…