Just in time for Christmas the evasi0n team releases evasi0n7 untethered jailbreak for iOS 7. It works with any device that can run iOS 7 and with iOS 7.0 through 7.0.4. Jump over the break to check out how to use evasi0n7 to jailbreak your iOS device.
- 5 minutes of your time!
- A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.6 minimum) or Linux (x86 / x86_64)
- iTunes installed if you’re running Windows
- An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 7.0 through 7.0.6 (you may check in Settings / General / About => Version)
- A USB cable to connect the device to the computer
- Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you’ll always be able to recover your data.
- Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
- Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
- If the process gets stuck somewhere, it’s safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
- If you get an error on OS X 10.8 saying that evasi0n can’t be opened, control-click (or right-click) the app and on the revealed context menu, choose ‘Open.’ On the ensuing dialogue box, choose ‘Open’ as well.
- If you OTA updated your device, back it up in iTunes and make a FULL restore before applying evasi0n7
NOTE: this tutorial will show you how to use evasi0n7 on Mac OS X. The process is identical on Windows.
1. Download evasi0n7 ( links above ), connect your iOS device to your computer and run evasi0n7
2. Once evasi0n7 will recognize your device, click the ‘Jailbreak’ button and allow the software to jailbreak your device. Meaning: don’t play with your device, just wait a few minutes.
3. evasi0n7 will reboot your device. After rebooting, evasi0n7 will tell your to unlock your device and tap on the new evasi0n icon on your screen.
4. The device will reboot again allowing evasi0n7 to complete the jailbreaking process.
5. Once completed, you can exit evasi0n7 and unplug your device. The device will reboot one last time to finish the jailbreaking process ( takes about 30 seconds or so ). When the device is up and running again you’re done. The evasi0n7 icon won’t be there anymore and the much missed Cydia app will shine on the screen once more.