Does the picture above look familiar to you? I know it does because we got hundreds of emails just today from you guys. Well don’t you worry, it happens, and there is an easy fix.
So , you got an 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603 or 1604 error while trying to restore your iPhone in iTunes with a custom firmware cooked with Pwnagetool or Sn0wbreeze right? Well, there is a tool called iReb ( Windows-only ) that is updated for firmware 3.1.3, works with iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G and iPod touch 1G/2G and will let you bypass this error.
1. Download the tool ( here and here ) and install it .
2. Load iTunes and put your iDevice in DFU mode ( use method 1 ).
3. When iTunes will tell you that it find an iPhone in recovery mode, close iTunes and start iReb.
4. Simply select your device from the list and wait a few seconds until the screen turns white or red.
5. Start iTunes, select your iPhone and holding shift ( or alt on a Mac ) , click on restore.
6. Select the custom firmware and you are good to go.
That is it. Enjoy your jailbroken 3.1.3 iDevice.